What You Need to Know:
- Aya applied for her first voice acting audition when she was in her last year of junior high school.
- Thanks to her appearance on Oden-kun, Aya managed to secure a contract with an agency and finally started on the path to becoming a professional voice actress. The first time she played a named character was in the 2009 anime Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai by Kyoto Animation.
- Then, Aya got her first starring role in Kiddy GiRL-AND. There’s one more thing Aya did for the first time in Kiddy GiRL-AND, and that was singing a character song.
- When Kiddy GiRL-AND was over, the producer, Mr. Saito, called Aya about yet another anime he was involved with. And that was Love Live!.
- For more on ANiUTa and its music service, be sure to visit the official Twitter and Facebook pages.
- If you still haven't downloaded the popular app, then we highly recommend you should! It's available now for iOS and Android platforms!
“After graduating from high school, I enrolled in a voice acting school, but I thought it would be difficult to become a voice actress by doing just that, so I also went to a few training schools. One of the offices for one of those training schools I went to gave me my first job. That job was Oden-kun, and became my debut work.”
“My hometown was in the countryside of Gunma, so I grew up in a place that was rich with nature. When I was a kid, I would spend my time running around through hills and fields. I loved to play outside. But, I also had a shy side, so while I was carefree when playing in the hills, I’d suddenly get embarrassed when I was in front of other people. [laughter] I think I had the most fun when I was playing by myself.”
“The first songs I sang were the opening theme Baby universe day and the ending theme Taiyou to Tsuki.”