What You Need to Know:
- In her third interview with ANiUTa, Ayaka Ohashi tells us about her first work as a voice actress in the 2012 TV anime, Amagami SS+ plus.
- She also revealed that her debut may have filled her with anxiety, but her confidence improved bit by bit as she continued working.
- Read the full interview in the ANiUTa streaming service. In the meanwhile watch Ayaka’s NOISY LOVE POWER☆ Music Video:
- For more on ANiUTa and its music service, be sure to visit the official Twitter and Facebook pages.
- If you still haven't downloaded the popular app, then we highly recommend you should! It's available now for iOS and Android platforms!
“I didn't take a single lesson before I played this first role, so all I can remember is how exhausting it was. [laughter] Even though I was only a background character, it felt like I was taking the longest to get it right. I was such a burden on my seniors, but they were so helpful. Once I got home, I was so depressed that I just sat in the bath and thought, ‘I’ll never be contacted for another role again. It’s all over.’ That's why I was genuinely overjoyed when I landed the audition for Eureka Seven AO the same year.”
“After five years, I was happy that I was able to start working as a singer. Voice actors often get to do their characters’ theme songs, and singing has similarities to acting, so the two have a sense of synergy. For example, Ika wa Ikasuze☆Kurakenko-chan [from her seventh single, NOISY LOVE POWER☆] has spoken lines and tongue twisters mixed into it, so I’m glad I have my experience as a voice actress. When I performed it live, everyone got into it, so it seems I’ll be able to keep singing it for a while.”