Fan-Favorite Cast to Reprise Roles in Highly Anticipated Franchise Finale
What You Need to Know:
- Today, Eleven Arts, a film distribution and production company, announced that they will premiere the English dub version of the film Gintama THE VERY FINAL on Saturday, October 9 at New York Comic Con (NYCC) 2021.
- The L.A. based company known for distributing acclaimed anime films such as Millennium Actress, Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms, and most recently SHIROBAKO The Movie, across North America has appointed Houston based ADR studio Sentai Studios for the English dub of Gintama THE VERY FINAL. The leading roles of the Odd Jobs members are reprised by the cast members from Gintama Season 3 (episode 266-316), currently licensed by and streaming on Crunchyroll. Michael Daingerfield (Sesshomaru in INUYASHA: The Final Act, Koichi Sato in NANA) as Gintoki Sakata, Cole Howard (Kyou Yahagi of Cardfight!! Vanguard, Arashi of Zoids Wild) as Shinpachi Shimura, and Jocelyne Loewen (Merle of The Vision of Escaflowne, Milfeuille Sakuraba of Galaxy Angel) as Kagura.
- Kyle Colby Jones (Dororo, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma) will reprise his roles from Gintama The Movie, currently licensed by Sentai Filmworks and streaming on HIDIVE, as Shinsuke Takasugi as well as the Director and ADR Writer for the English dub. (For the full cast list, please see below.)
- The highly anticipated finale to the Gintama animated franchise based on one of Japan’s best-selling manga titles with the same name by author Hideaki Sorachi will be in theaters across the U.S. this November. The Japanese (with English subtitles) and English dub will be in theaters on November 21, and the Japanese (with English subtitles) dub will once again be available in theaters on November 22. Theater and ticket information will be released on October 8, 2021 through Fathom Events.
- U.S. Ticketing Page (Fathom): https://www.fathomevents.com/events/Gintama---The-Very-Final?layout_id=1665&preview=1
- Canada Ticketing Page (Cineplex): Coming Soon
- Gintama / Eleven Arts Website: https://www.elevenarts.net/titles/gintama-the-very-final
- Eleven Arts Social Media
“It was important to bring back as many of the original cast as possible for the fans. I hope having the leads from the Ocean Productions cast will honor the series and make the fans happy. In addition to the leads, we’re incredibly grateful to everyone who was able to return to reprise their roles. We’re so excited to premiere it to the world at NYCC.”
Amelie Khuat, Licensing and Localization Manager of Eleven Arts
About Gintama THE VERY FINAL
From Bandai Namco Pictures (Aikatsu!,Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun) and Director Chizuru Miyawaki comes the highly anticipated “very end” to Gintama! The concluding film to the Gintama anime series features the final chapters of one of Japan’s best-selling manga series by author Hideaki Sorachi.
The countdown to destruction has begun! All will join to reclaim an Edo in grave peril! Earth is facing its darkest days, and the members of the Odd Jobs must come together to save it from an otherworldly menace. Old allies Gintoki, Takasugi, and Katsura strive their hardest for their own ideals, but standing in their way is someone with whom they share a sad history: Utsuro, an alternate personality of their former teacher and mentor, Shoyo. Shinpachi, Kagura, the Shinsengumi, members of the Kabuki District, and even former enemies will join their fight. As Utsuro's power grows, Takasugi fights for his very life. Will Gintoki be able to put an end to all this?!
About Eleven Arts
Eleven Arts is a Los Angeles-based distribution company known for bringing acclaimed anime films to North America. Eleven Arts’ anime titles most recently include SHIROBAKO The Movie, The Wonderland, Millennium Actress, Sound! Euphonium: Our Promise A Brand New Day, Penguin Highway, Liz and the Blue Bird, Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms, and A Silent Voice.
Source: Official Press Release