What You Need to Know:
- Shueisha JUMP VR have announced they will be taking part in Japan Character VR Matsuri at Anime Expo 2017! As part of Japan Character VR Matsuri, Shueisha JUMP VR combines the latest VR technology with popular JUMP manga series such as One Piece and Death Note to create an innovative interactive experience for visitors.
- Japan Character VR Matsuri brings together over ten teams of Japanese VR developers, including Shueisha, for the first time in the U.S. In collaboration with Dai Nippon Printing, Shueisha will be bringing a range of JUMP manga-related VR games to Anime Expo 2017. The following four JUMP VR games will be available to play:
- One Piece Cube (Oculus Rift+Touch): Enjoy picking up One Piece illustrations with your own hands. You can build a 3D puzzle of popular character Chopper, too!
- JUMP Cube (Oculus Rift+Touch): Appreciate illustrations from five popular manga with your own hands in a VR environment. You can also build a 3D puzzle of popular Bleach character, Kon!
- JUMP Art Gallery (Gear VR): Enjoy illustrations from popular manga in VR. A surprise awaits you in the final room!
- Death Note VR Escape Game (Gear VR): You are the imprisoned Misa, who must work together with the Shinigami Rem in order to escape the basement before it fills with water!
These all sound amazing, especially the Death Note escape game! I bet I could beat everyone's times...
The Death Note one sounds scary! I like the idea of being able to pick up and look at manga illustrations, though!