What You Need to Know:
- “Fruits Basket: The Final” stars airing globally today. The Opening Theme Song "Pleasure" is a new song by Japanese-Chinese mixed boys collective "WARPs UP", and the Ending Theme Song "春うらら(Haru Urara)" is a new song of mixed gender dance & vocal group "GENIC". Both of them were aired for the first time in the program today so don’t miss it!
- For those who haven’t watched the Anime, “Fruits Basket: The Final” the story about Tohru, who lost his mother and used to live alone in a tent, but decided to live with Yuki Soma and Kyo Soma because the place was the site of the venerable "Soma family". However, the Soma family has been bound by the abominable "curse" for hundreds of years. Tohru, who deepens her bonds with Yuki Soma, and the Soma family, struggles to break the curse, but cannot find a clue to the solution. On the contrary, she was at a loss for words when she learned the greatest secret that the head of the Soma family, Akito Soma, was a woman. The "bond" that connects the "God" and the "Zodiac" is a fragile spiral of sadness.
- However, there is no feast that lasts forever. The first memory, the first promise that everyone has forgotten. What is waiting for Yuki, Kyo, and Tohru over there is something that every Anime fans definitely should watch and see for themselves!
- ABOUT WARPs UP - WARPs is an abbreviation of Wave Assemble Radical People-syndicate, based on the concept of creating waves of innovation. It is a project that produces a variety of unique artistic works and transcends national borders. WARPs UP are one of the groups within the WARPs project. The group includes two members from Japan and two from China. In addition to RIKIMARU, the Japan side also features SANTA, a top-level dancer who has earned the title of World Champion at a world-renowned dance battle. Meanwhile, Chinese members MINGJUN and LANGYI gained performing experience as trained idols in China.
- ABOUT GENIC - Seven men and women selected from avex's new dance and vocal group development project "a-genic PROJECT". In the summer of 2019, it was born as a limited-time survival unit through activities such as the opening act of "a-nation 2019". Their first sound source "SUN COMES UP" released on November 15th won the 4th place in the LINE MUSIC TOP 100 single weekly ranking. They also held a one-man live "GENIC Premium Showcase 2019" on December 16th.
From the world of "Fruits Basket", we felt that even if our future or our destiny is decided, we believe that we could move forward depending on our own way of thinking and actions so we made this song and we hope that you can enjoy our music along with "Fruits Basket"!
“I am very happy to have GENIC appointed as the ending theme of "Fruits Basket" The Final. I was in charge of writing the lyrics with Ryuaki, but I wrote it while overlapping with the background of the story so that I could push my back strongly in the spring when my heart was shaken. I hope you can feel the ephemeral and beautiful spring season in this work. I wish you all the best in spring. Please listen to it a lot!”
Source: Official Press Release
ABOUT FRUITS BASKET
"Fruits Basket" (original story by Natsuki Takaya) is a popular shojo manga serialized in "Hana to Yume" (Hakusensha) from 1998 to 2006. The cumulative circulation of comics worldwide has exceeded 30 million (23 volumes of comics and 12 volumes of collector edition), which was made into a TV animation in 2001 (26 episodes broadcast) and staged in 2009. Even now, more than 10 years after the serialization ended, it is still very popular.
From September 2015, the serialization of "Fruits Basket another", which depicts Fruits Basket decades later, began airing on the WEB, and the cumulative circulation of comics (3 volumes already published) has reached 600,000. And from April 2019, it will be fully animated by new staff & cast, the 1st season was broadcasted from April to September 2019, and the 2nd season was broadcasted from April to September 2020. Furthermore, the final chapter “Fruits Basket: The Final” will start broadcasting from today April 5th 2021 on TV TOKYO and other platforms.
The story is about Tohru Honda, a high school girl who lost her mother, who was her only family, and will live with her classmate Yuki Soma and his relatives, Kyo and Shigure. However, the Soma family, who are "the monsters of the zodiac," have a secret for generations that if they are hugged by the opposite sex, they will transform into monsters of zodiac that possessed them. The unique view of the world has received overwhelming support from a wide range of people.
You can watch Fruits Basket on the following streaming platforms: