What You Need to Know:
- The website DEADLINE reported this week that Netflix announced that it plans on growing their anime production by signing deals with productioncompanies in Japan and Korea.
- The producers are NAZ, Science SARU, and MAPPA from Japan and Korea’s Studio Mir, which brings Netflix's Japanese and Korean deals to nine.
- These partnerships are non-exclusive as Netflix has stated that their aim is "to create the best content for the global anime community".
- Netflix's original anime so far include Altered Carbon: Resleeved (Anima), Ghost in the Shell SAC_2045 (Production I.G), and this season's Dragon’s Dogma (Sublimation) with Spriggan (David Production), Vampire In The Garden, (WIT STUDIO), and Super Crooks (Bones), which is based on the comic by Mark Millar and Leinil Francis Yu.
- We are very excited to see what other Netflix original anime comes out and glad that the streaming service is doing it for everyone to enjoy and not monopolizing the projects!
We're always excited for new anime partnerships!
How exciting! Can't wait to see what they produce!