What You Need to Know:
- The team behind "Hetalia World Stars" will participate in a live broadcast at an Otakon 2021 panel, according to Otakorp Inc. This will include the producer, director, composer and a voice actor from the production.
- The "Hetalia World Stars" live broadcast will take place in Panel 1 from 11:30-12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Among those participating will be Norihiro Kurosawa, the producer of "Hetalia World Stars." Fans may know him for his work on “Chivalry of a Failed Knight” or “The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?”
- Director Hiroshi Watanabe has had a long career in animation. Older anime fans may know him for his work on directing the “Slayers” series. Others may know him for some of his work on "Magical Princess Minky Momo." He has worked on a number of other projects, from multiple roles on the "Hell Girl" series; directing “Jing: King of Bandits”; and directing “Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki.”
- On the production side, composer and pianist Conisch will join the panel. Viewers have heard his works in "Pokémon: Twilight Wings," "Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal," and "Mardock Scramble." Since making his debut as a composer with the anime “Hitohira,” Conisch has headed many popular programs, building a reputation for his diverse musical expressions that closely match the emotions of the characters, as well as his lyrical, yet aggressive and uniquely catchy melodies. His compositions demonstrate a rich, novel artistry that sublimates his own sensitivities with superior techniques. The main theme song “play Heath Wind” for the TBS program “HIRUOBI” is a hidden masterpiece that has continued to unfailingly permeate through Japanese culture even 10 years after it was first released.
- Last but certainly not least, voice actor (or seiyuu) Atsushi Kosaka will join the discussion. In "Hetalia World Stars," he voices Estonia, Prussia, and Greece. Fans of "The Prince of Tennis" may recognize him as Akuto Mitsuya, but he has also played a variety of other roles, such as Eiji Arashiba in “Scar on the Praeter.”
- Otakon would like to thank Frontier Works Inc. for helping to make this live broadcast possible.
Source: Official Press Release
ABOUT OTAKON AND OTAKORP, INC.:
Now entering its twenty-seventh year, Otakon is an annual celebration of Japanese and East Asian popular culture, and also one of the largest gatherings of fans in the United States. Otakon celebrates popular culture as a gateway to deeper understanding of Asian culture, and has grown along with the enthusiasm for anime, manga, video games, and music from the Far East. Historically, Otakon has drawn up to 34,000 people for three days each year (for a paid attendance of over 100,000 turnstile attendees). Otakon is a membership based convention sponsored by Otakorp, Inc., a Pennsylvania-based, 501(c)3 educational non-profit whose mission is to promote the appreciation of Asian culture, primarily through its media and entertainment. Otakorp, Inc. is directed by an all-volunteer, unpaid staff – we are run by fans, for fans.
For more information and the latest news on Otakon 2021, see http://www.otakon.com/