What You Need to Know:
- The last time we covered information regarding TOKYO GAME SHOW 2018, a lot of details were still up in the air. It seems like the curtain has been lifted as today, Nikkei Business Publications along with the Computer Entertainment Supplier’s
Association officially announced that TOKYO GAME SHOW 2018 will take place at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, from Thursday, September 20th to Sunday, September 23rd.
- The theme for TOKYO GAME SHOW 2018 is “Welcome to the Next Stage.” This year plans to trump last year's numbers, and hopes to bring gamers from around the world together to share their emotion and excitement about the things they love.
- On an eSports note, last month the Japan esports Union (JeSU) was announced and established support with industry associations including CESA and Japan Online Game Association (JOGA). JeSU will be taking charge of this years eSports events and hopes to upgrade the main stage for more events to take place. TOKYO GAME SHOW 2018 will present the heated battles as an international event to support e-Sport competitors to go on to perform in Japan and around the world.
- Along with the upgrade in eSports festivities, there will be upgrades made to Internet video streaming such as the use of Twitch, Nico Nico, Douyu to ensure that viewership continues to increase on a global scale.
- The VR/AR Area, receiving attention for its collection of technologies which facilitate revolutionary gaming experiences never available before, now allows exhibition of products and services for amusement only, in addition to game software compatible with VR (virtual reality), AR (augmented reality), and MR (mixed reality). This year is going to be an exciting one, so be sure not to miss TOKYO GAME SHOW 2018! We definitely won't!
Source: Official Press Release
Countdown to the hype moments starting now!
I'm coming for you booth babes!