What You Need to Know:
- Anime when it is usually made, is set in the Kanto or Tokyo Area. Often most shows don't even leave Tokyo or are modeled after Tokyo and set in a "Tokyo-esque" type city. Shockingly (no not really), 89% of Japan does not live in Tokyo. Yet somehow anime is usually set here. It's the most popular setting. That is of course until you come across anime that has a sort of.. no sé que... a unique setting. Shows can be set in Hokkaido, Okinawa, Osaka, Nagoya etc!
- Akiba Souken ran a poll asking users, what are the "Top 10 Anime set in Hokkaido?" And got a decent response. Hokkaido is famous for it's sprawling fields, delicious dairy products, and anything that has to do with seafood!
- In seven days there were 213 submissions. Take a look below! You might be shocked to see that shows are set in the great north!
Top 10 - Top 6
10. Ushio to Tora / 2 votes
9. Kanon (Kyoto Animation Version) / 4 votes
8. Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu na koto: Natsu no Sora / 6 votes
7. Servant x Service / 9 votes
5. Sora no Method / 15 votes
Top 5 - Top 1
5. Kimi ni Todoke
4. Silver Spoon
3. Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)
2. Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
T-these are all such n-nice anime! Th-the only one I am not too wild about is Sakurako-san because of dead bodies. >_>;;
Working was fantastic and deserves to be here but ahhhhh Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu na koto!!! It was amazing!
[ad_dfp position="bottom1" unit_pc1="true" unit_pc2="true" unit_sp1="true" class="mt40"]