What You Need to Know:
- Takahiro Sakurai is one of those seiyuu who you can instantly recognise from the tone of his voice. There also seems to be a running theme in his roles, who are mostly handsome - and often arrogant to boot!
- But which anime characters played by Sakurai do Japanese fans love the most? To find out, Goo ranking surveyed 500 people between the ages of 20 and 30 from May 23 to 25, and released the results to celebrate his 42nd birthday on the 13th of June!
- So which roles made the top ten? Do you agree, or would you choose different characters? Let's get to the results and find out!
Top 10 - Top 6
9. Meme Oshino (Monogatari Series) / 3.3%
9. Shirokuma (Shirokuma Cafe) / 3.3%
7. Suzaku Kururugi (Code Geass) / 3.6%
7. Yuuri Shibuya (Kyou kara Maou!) / 3.6%
5. Kiyomaro Takamine (Konjiki no Gash Bell!!) / 3.8%
Top 5 - Top 1
5. Kazuya Miyuki (Diamond no Ace)
3. Shimaru Saitou (Gintama)
3. Yuu Kanda (D.Gray-man)
2. Tentomon (Digimon Adventures)
1. Osomatsu Matsuno (Osomatsu-san)
Source: Goo ranking
Woah, check out the gap in votes between number one and two! And did the Digimon seriously beat Kanda? What's going on?!
Are you kidding me? What about Ferid from Owari no Seraph? Kyouya from Ookami Shoujo? All his roles in BL anime?! He's played way better characters!