What You Need to Know:
- VIZ Media will welcome MY HERO ACADEMIA creator Kohei Horikoshi for his first-ever North American professional appearance at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2018.
- Kohei Horikoshi is scheduled to participate in a variety of events during the convention including the official MY HERO ACADEMIA panel discussion. The panel will feature several notable voice actors including Christopher R. Sabat, voice of All Might, and Justin Briner, voice of Deku, from the anime adaptation of the popular series. The creator will also be a part of VIZ Media’s WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP panel. A pair of autograph sessions are also scheduled to take place during the show. Event times and additional information will be announced soon.
- Comic-Con International is one of the nation’s largest comic book, science fiction, and pop culture events, and will take place July 18th–22nd at the San Diego Convention Center, in San Diego, CA. VIZ Media will be located in Booth #2813. Complete details on Comic-Con are available at: comic-con.org.
- An instant best seller, MY HERO ACADEMIA has also been adapted into a hit anime series available from Funimation; the Season 3 SimulDub™ is currently streaming on funimation.com. MY HERO ACADEMIA Volume 13 will be available in print and digital editions this June. Free chapters of the spin-off series, MY HERO ACADEMIA: VIGILANTES, inspired by the massively popular manga, are currently available on viz.com.
- Kohei Horikoshi was born in Aichi, Japan, in 1986. He received a Tezuka Award Honorable Mention in 2006, and after publishing several short stories in Akamaru Jump, his first serialized work in Weekly Shonen Jump was Oumagadoki Doubutsuen in 2010. BARRAGE and his current series, MY HERO ACADEMIA are published in English by VIZ Media.
Source: Official Press Release
The My Hero Academia hype is unreal now.
The series is definitely shaping up to be the next Naruto in terms of action and character relationships.