What You Need to Know:
- ARGONAVIS’ second single, "STARTING OVER/Gift" was released on August 21st. The first song on the double A-side single, "STARTING OVER", is the theme song of the PlayStation®4/Nintendo Switch™ game, Cardfight!! Vanguard EX. "Gift" is the ending theme song for the TV anime series, Cardfight!! Vanguard: Shinemon.
- The second track, "Gift", is a more mellow song that’s perfect for an anime ending. The way the melody pulls at your heart and the subdued performance makes it a song that conveys this feeling of hidden passion.
- If you want to know more about this new release, read the full interview on ANiUTa! In the meantime listen to this preview below:
- For more on ANiUTa and its music service, be sure to visit the official Twitter and Facebook pages.
- If you still haven't downloaded the popular app, then we highly recommend you should! It's available now for iOS and Android platforms!
Masahiro: “Both songs are Vanguard collaborations, and unlike our first single, they ended up more like rock songs. That goes without saying for the uptempo STARTING OVER, but even the more moderate Gift really feels like a rock song. With these songs, we were able to broaden our horizons as musicians ever further. During recording, I was thinking a lot about how Ren would sound singing a rock song, so I discussed it in-depth with the director to make sure I really nailed the vocals.”
Daisuke: “The first song, STARTING OVER, is super upbeat. It also included our first ever rap section which, as Yuto Goryo, was my responsibility. The lyrics have this strong message of surpassing your past self and seizing the day, so each time I listen to the song, I remember my very first concert. The three of us started from nothing, but by meeting and working together, we started to feel like nothing’s impossible for us—we’ve come so far.”
Masahiro: “It’s a dramatic song that’s about expressing your feelings for someone. It’s the perfect song for Ren, who doesn't show much emotion on the surface, but holds a deep passion for music. I actually got pretty emotional while we were recording. As the Cardfight!! Vanguard: Shinemon ending theme song, the meaning behind it is closely tied to the themes in the anime. That's why I hope our fans will watch the show, too.”
Daisuke: “I play Mark Whiting in Shinemon, and during a voice recording session recently, I realized which episode Gift refers to. The song was carefully made to fit the setting of the anime, and I think that as we play it more and more, the feelings the five of us have towards it are only going to get stronger.”