What You Need to Know:
- Uchida had her tour, AYA UCHIDA CHARACTER SONG LIVE ~chara・melt・room, in November of last year. She said that holding these concerts, in which she performed twenty of her character songs for her fans, was something she always wished for.
- The songs Uchida performed in her CHARACTER SONG LIVE tour were all carefully selected from all the character songs Uchida had sung so far. She was even picky about the encore songs.
- Aya’s latest single “Sign” is the ED theme from TV anime series The Quintessential Quintuplets.
- Read the full interview with Aya Uchida on ANiUTa app
- For more on ANiUTa and its music service, be sure to visit the official Twitter and Facebook pages.
- If you still haven't downloaded the popular app, then we highly recommend you should! It's available now for iOS and Android platforms!
“After I debuted as a solo artist, I started to think that it’d be great to sing my character songs for my fans in a solo concert. Since I no longer get to sing character songs after the CDs go on sale and the anime ends, I felt really sad that even though there are so many good songs, I couldn’t sing them for my fans. There are still many songs that I haven’t been able to sing in a concert even though fans and I love them so much. When my tenth anniversary as an artist was coming up, I took the opportunity to ask if I could I do a character songs concert.”
“In the encore, I sang START:DASH!! from Love Live!, Kimi no Mama de from Kemono Friends, and Yakusoku no Sora he ~ Watashi no Ita Basho~ from Strike Witches the Movie. Since it was my tenth anniversary, I wanted to send a message using these three songs that I was going to keep moving forward into the future.”