What You Need to Know:
- Rakuten Woman published an article recently, exploring what people think about watching anime movies when on dates. Of interest is the fact that the interviewer made the assumption that Ghibli anime movies are already considered safe for dates, and this is reflected in the title.
- As expected, there was a fairly even divide in opinion, with some good reasons on both sides.
- At the end of the day though, just remember that who you're with is the most important thing.
- If it's what everyone's talking about.
"If it's something that has a lot of hype around it, then I'd wanna go to see how it actually is. Even if it ends up being boring, that's still one more thing to talk about with him, so it's OK."
- If I'm interested in that movie.
"If it's an anime or manga I like that's been made into a movie, I'd love to go see it. I'd want that to be a chance for my partner to gain interest in it as well."
- There are other good ones besides Ghibli films.
"As of late, there have been several movies outside of Ghibli's works, that are aimed at general audiences too, such as those directed by Hosoda Mamoru, like 'Summer Wars', and 'Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki'. So I think seeing these on a date would be more than reasonable."
- If it's a genre or work I'm not interested in, it's tough.
"I once went with a guy to see a movie he was a big fan of, but it was aimed at a pretty young audience, and so I found myself getting sleepy halfway through. It really is tough to watch something you have no interest in to start with."
- I'm not good with anime.
"I'm no good with anime to begin with, so I can't see myself going at all."
- Movie theaters seem like where you watch Western movies.
"I'm more on board with renting anime movie DVDs and watching those at home. Live action would be what I'd watch in a theater. Since middle school, when I went to the movies with my friends for the first time, I've always seen it as a place to watch Western-style movies."
Source: Rakuten Woman
Reactions Around the Web
[ad_dfp position="bottom1" unit_pc1="true" unit_pc2="true" unit_sp1="true" class="mt40"]