What You Need to Know:
- What if one day you woke up and discovered you were a Pokémon? In the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX game, which is now available for the Nintendo Switch family of systems, you wake up to find yourself in that exact predicament. Journey as a Pokémon through a world filled with mysterious dungeons and recruit a rescue team of Pokémon friends with personalities of their own. Explore watercolor-inspired environments while pursuing an enthralling quest to make the world of Pokémon a safer place, and try to unravel the strange mystery behind your sudden awakening as a Pokémon.
- This enhanced reimagining of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team game for the Game Boy Advance system and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for the Nintendo DS system features more than 400 Pokémon, including Mega Evolved versions of fan favorites such as Venusaur, Charizard, Gengar, Sableye, Altaria and Gardevoir. In addition to revamped visuals and the addition of more Pokémon, the game also features Auto mode in dungeons, useful capabilities known as rare qualities and many other surprises to discover.
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX features a fun story with many mysteries to uncover, including the legend of Ninetales, a Pokémon that is rumored to have tails imbued with psychic power. It’s been said that those foolish enough to touch one of its tails would be cursed for a thousand years. Is there any truth to these folktales passed on since long ago?
- In addition to unraveling various mysteries, you’ll also meet Legendary Pokémon during your adventure, including Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Mythical Pokémon such as Celebi and Jirachi will also appear! Your encounters with these Pokémon could inspire legends of their own.
- While exploring dungeons, you’ll occasionally encounter particularly strong foes, which are marked with crown symbols over their heads. Sometimes these strong foes can even be rare Shiny Pokémon. Will you have the skills necessary to recruit one to your team? Even if your rescue team members faint in battle against a foe, you’ll still have options to help your buddies in trouble. You can send requests for another player to come rescue you through the friendly Pelipper Post Office. When your team is rescued, they can continue their adventure from the floor where they fainted.
- If you’re feeling courageous yourself, you’ll also have the option to help those in need by fulfilling their requests too. Rescue requests can be sent and received online* or through an in-game password system. You can receive items, Poké (the currency used in shops) or rescue points for your rescue team rank as a reward for helping others. A good deed is its own reward, but these fun bonuses certainly sweeten the deal. So get out there and form your rescue team today!
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX is now available at a suggested retail price of $59.99. There’s also a free demo in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch for those who want to try the game before purchasing it. Save data from the demo version will carry over to the full version of the game, once purchased.
Source: Official Press Release
My favorite Pokemon title is BACK! The memories are coming back!
All of the Pokemon look so cute in this one!