Most of us are locked up in the safe confines of our homes because of the pandemic. The times are absolutely not easy, and we cannot help but appreciate the things we’ve taken for granted all this time. Think about going out for a daily stroll or jog. There’s also the time when shopping is considered as a leisure and not a life or death risk in order to secure some necessities. On the other hand, it does make us seem to live in some cool dystopian manga. It’s just that we’re not sure whether or not that’s a good thing.
We’ve listed down the top 10 scenes that just reminds us of outside.
10. Playing Catch in Major - Chapter 4
- Authors: Takuya Mitsuda
- Genres: Shounen Sunday
- Volumes: Comedy, Drama, Shounen, Sports
- Published: July 1994- July 2010
Gorou Honda’s father just hit a slump in his professional baseball career. He suffers an elbow injury and is about to get forced to retire early. Gorou’s fire to play better then gets lit and he hurriedly goes out to play. While doing so, he meets a new friend. They play catch together with a new form bond.
During this pandemic, we can’t help but miss our childhood as we play catch together. The feeling of throwing and receiving the ball is a simple yet undeniable spurt of joy.
9. Shopping for Clothes in Koukou Debut (High School Debut) - Chapter 3
- Authors: Kazune Kawahara
- Genres: Bessatsu Margaret
- Volumes: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School, Shoujo, Slice of Life
- Published: August 2003- May 2013
Haruna has finally convinced You to help her become more beautiful as long as she won’t fall for him. The first step in doing that is changing Haruna’s over the top and outdated fashion sense. In order to do that, they go to shop for more sensible and trendy clothes.
Malls are closed for obvious reasons. Most of us only go out in order to buy necessities. The days of going out to malls and shopping districts to shop leisurely are temporarily gone.
8. Practicing to Fly in Birdmen - Chapter 5-6
- Authors: Yellow Tanabe
- Genres: Shounen Sunday
- Volumes: Shounen, Super Power, Supernatural
- Published: July 2013- February 2020
The whole gang has accepted and embraced their new being. That, however, does not mean that they have a complete grasp of their newly acquired power. In order to master their flying skill, they go to the bridge at night and practice to their hearts’ content.
We all wish to have the power to fly. Unfortunately, we can only wish for that to happen. However, what we do miss is sitting by the river and gazing at the stars at night.
7. Going to The Park in Kemono Jihen - Chapter 8
- Authors: Shou Aimoto
- Genres: Jump SQ
- Volumes: Action, Shounen, Supernatural
- Published: December 2016- Ongoing
Kabane, Shiki, and Akira are about to embark in a dangerous mission thanks to Mihai. Before doing so, Kabane goes to the park to meet with Kon. He then tells her everything about the mission, as well as that he won’t be seeing for a while because of that.
Parks are a lovely place to visit. We can just sit down and appreciate nature, or bring a ball and play around. It’s an open place for everyone to do their own thing.
6. Summer Camp in Giant Killing - Chapters 158-162
- Authors: Masaya Tsunamoto & Tsujitomo
- Genres: Morning
- Volumes: Drama, Sports, Seinen
- Published: January 2007- Ongoing
To cap off their summer camp, Tatsumi came up with another inglorious idea. He invites a team of college players then coaches them against his own team. Of course, he cranks it up by pretending to be another person. It does not end there though. The whole team finds it difficult to fight Tatsumi on their own. In addition to that, the college team actually has formidable members. It is then revealed at the end that two of their opponents are actually new members.
5.School Festival in Kimi to Boku - Chapter 12
- Authors: Kiichi Hotta
- Genres: GFantasy
- Volumes: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School, Shounen, Slice of Life
- Published: February 2003- Ongoing
Everyone is up and ready for their school festival. Some of them have dressed up for their class’s horror house, while others just loiters around. Of course, Tachibana does not fail to somehow get closer to Mari even if just for a little bit.
This scene makes us reminisce how fun school could be. Of course, we’re talking about really going to school and doing activities, and not some online class shenanigan.
4. The Start of Stavaganza: Isai no Hime - Chapter 1
- Authors: Akihito Tomi
- Genres: Harta
- Volumes: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Seinen
- Published: June 2012- June 2018
A masked person strolls outside the walled city. Just like the same confines of our home, the outside is riddled with dangerous beasts and creatures. As such, the masked female meets a series of dangers. She first meets a pair of lizardmen drinking in the spring. She then hides in a nearby plant. However, the lizardmen are attacked by a crocodile, which is then also attacked by a giant primate. Fortunately, the primate is soaked in water and is heavily slowed down. She finally finishes it with a stab straight to its heart.
3. Going in Meetings in Hitman - Chapter 5
- Authors: Kouji Seo
- Genres: Shounen Magazine (Weekly)
- Volumes: Comedy, Romance, Shounen
- Published: June 2018- Ongoing
Kenzaki is assigned as a sub-editor to Amaya-sensei’s series. Although he holds that title, he actually contributes little to none during their meetings. This certain meeting actually takes around ten hours. They’ve talked about how the next chapter will proceed, as well as Amaya-sensei’s request to hire an additional assistant. As if on cue, Tsubasa comes in for her own meeting with Kenzaki. This then leads to Amaya-sensei discovering Tsuabasa’s skills and offering her to be her assistant.
2. The Entire Long Ring Long Land Arc in One Piece - Chapters 303-321
- Authors: Eiichiro Oda
- Genres: Shounen Jump (Weekly)
- Volumes: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Super Power
- Published: July 1997- Ongoing
The Strawhat Pirates arrive at an island where everything is literally long. From the trees, animals, and even nature. Unfortunately for them, Foxy pirates have also anchored in the island. Foxy Pirate crew is famous for usurping other pirate crews through a series of events called Davy Back Fight. Everytime a crew loses, a member of the crew has to join the winning crew. Luffy and the gang fall prey to their scheme, but win everything back at the end.
1. The Bar Hopper Scene in Bartender - Chapter 10
- Authors: Kenji Nagatomo & Araki Joh
- Genres: Super Jump
- Volumes: Drama, Slice of Life, Seinen
- Published: December 2004- November 2009
Our favorite bartender, Ryuu Sasakusa, meets the famous bar hopper. It is then explained that a bar hopper does not stay at one bar. They simply order a drink, drink it, then proceed to another. Typically, a bar hopper drinks at around three to four bars in a single night. Of course, that is only possible if one can freely go out at night.
The quarantine is obviously taking a huge toll in the whole world. However, that can’t stop us reminiscing good memories we have outside. Plus, we hope that these scenes will motivate all of us to stay inside. Doing so will allow us to go outside as soon as possible too!