What You Need to Know:
- The time draws closer for players to explore beautiful lands and battle the forces of evil in Swords of Legends Online, the massively-multiplayer sensation coming to the West for the first time! In order to make sure new players are up to snuff on the intricacies of character classes, Gameforge will be profiling a new class every day this week! Today, we break down the Summoner class, a Celestial Staff and support role that Summoners can conjure various spirits to aid them while they utilize spiritual energy to damage foes or support their allies in combat.
- Summoners live in harmony with nature. Their profound knowledge of the natural world makes them powerful allies, as they summon sprites to support them while unleashing ancient spells. Their celestial healing prayers often prove to be the difference between life and death.
- But Summoners are not limited to healing duties, being perfectly capable of inflicting serious damage in combat should the situation require. They can cast spells that grant them control over nature and the creatures of the wild. Their minds working in union with nature, they can also summon a tiger companion which they can ride on their journeys.
- In ancient times, the great goddess Nüwa guided numerous clans into the underworld, where they founded Spiritopolis. Many more wanted to follow her, but she had other tasks in mind for them, and she ordered them to stay in the upper world. The Liao clan from Heavenly Ridge was one such group; they stayed in the upper world, where they continued to promulgate Nüwa’s benevolence. Heavenly Ridge, where they gathered, became the place of pilgrimage where the faith in Nüwa has flourished. Believers from around the world come to pay homage to the great goddess there. The priests of the Liao clan, who stay on the surface and welcome the faithful, are known as the Summoners.
- Check out the Summoner reveal trailer!
- Every class in Swords of Legends Online has two Masteries in which to specialize. The Summoner class Masteries are as follows:
- Nature’s Wrath (Ranged DPS): Offering themselves as nature’s tools, Summoners use their innate ability to summon spirits to attack their opponents. Their powerful Soulforce allows them to channel their spiritual energies into a gleaming beam of light to smite down their foes. Whether it be the fox-like companion Mingshi, or Golden Feather, a creature that will briefly attract the attention of their enemies, Nature’s Wrath Summoners can adapt to various forms of combat.
- Nuwa’s Blessing (Support): Channeling the flow of spiritual energy through their prayers of devotion, Nuwa’s Blessing Summoners can cast a range of effects to heal their teammates over time. The healing fairy Moluo can be summoned to further sustain their allies through challenging fights or commanded to use specific skills when in trouble.
- The Summoner is one of six character classes playable in Swords of Legends Online. The full list of classes is as follows: The Reaper, The Berserker, The Spellsword, The Bard, The Spearmaster, The Summoner.
- Based on the massively popular Chinese legends that inspired a multi-award-winning television series, several movies, novels, and series of beloved games including the recent MMORPG Gu Jian Qi Tan Online, Swords of Legends Online introduces a fully remastered and improved version of the highly anticipated Triple-A saga to a new audience. Players will explore an eons-long clash between the forces of light and darkness. Only those chosen by the spirit of the legendary sword buried deep within themselves may unlock the powers necessary to banish the fog of evil, death, and destruction that threatens to consume this tempestuous world. Players will become absorbed in the deep, vivid visuals and narrative as they hone their combat skills, form alliances, defeat fearsome enemies and bosses that spawn throughout the dangerous dungeons and world maps, enemy factions, and even the gods themselves.
- Swords of Legends Online will be available for Windows PC via the official Gameforge client, Steam, and Epic Games Store with text language support in English, French, and German, and English voiceovers. The game is available for pre-purchase in three editions for $39.99 USD (€39.99), $59.99 USD (€59.99), and $99.99 USD (€99.99). Players who pre-purchase the game will receive a pre-order bonus which includes exclusive cosmetic in-game items, and access to the closed beta trials. Additionally, the pre-purchase will also provide access to character name reservation and character creation before the official launch.
- More exciting news will be coming soon! The official Swords of Legends Online website and Steam Coming Soon Page are now live with more information about the game and its content. Follow SOLO on Twitter and YouTube to stay up to date!
- Gameforge is giving fans a chance to get in on the action with an incredible giveaway! Enter before May 10 for a chance to win access to the Swords of Legends Online closed beta here.
Win Closed Beta Access!
Source: Official Press Release
You definitely want a Summoner on your side!
The tiger summon sold me on this character class!