What You Need to Know:
- A storm is coming to the West with Swords of Legends Online, the hugely popular and visually stunning MMORPG inspired by legends of the past. In order to make sure new players are up to snuff on the intricacies of character classes, Gameforge will be profiling a new class every day this week! (Check below the others). Today we’re profiling the Berserker class, for players who think support roles are for cowards afraid to step into the fray!
- Charge into battle headfirst with an enormous greatsword and a vicious wolf companion as the Berserker, a perfect class for players who prefer to be in the thick of battle, dealing massive damage and tanking enemy attacks.
- The Berserker school was founded by the legendary warrior Qingya. Originally a gargantuan wolf, Qingya became enlightened by the teachings of Lan Yaoqi, who showed him how to focus his abilities and pass the knowledge onto his students. Renowned for both his fighting prowess and his legendary ability to hold his drink, Qingya’s students returned to the Valley of a Hundred Grasses and founded a Berserker school in his name.
- Check out the Berserker reveal trailer!
- Every class in Swords of Legends Online has two Masteries in which to specialize. The Berserker class Masteries are as follows:
- The Slayer: As the name suggests, this specialization is all about hacking, slashing, chopping, slicing, and dicing crowds of enemies with a deadly Greatsword, fearlessly inflicting massive amounts of damage on throngs of enemies.
- The Drunken Master: Qingya was notorious for consuming massive quantities of specialized liquor that allowed him to move and bend his body in wild and unpredictable ways. The Drunken Master confuses their foes while numbing themselves to pain — and if all else fails, can call on a ferocious canine companion whose howls boost morale.
- The Berserker is one of six character classes playable in Swords of Legends Online. The full list of classes is as follows: The Reaper, The Berserker, The Spellsword, The Bard, The Spearmaster, The Summoner.
- Based on the massively popular Chinese legends that inspired a multi-award-winning television series, several movies, novels, and series of beloved games including the recent MMORPG Gu Jian Qi Tan Online, Swords of Legends Online introduces a fully remastered and improved version of the highly anticipated Triple-A saga to a new audience. Players will explore an eons-long clash between the forces of light and darkness. Only those chosen by the spirit of the legendary sword buried deep within themselves may unlock the powers necessary to banish the fog of evil, death, and destruction that threatens to consume this tempestuous world. Players will become absorbed in the deep, vivid visuals and narrative as they hone their combat skills, form alliances, defeat fearsome enemies and bosses that spawn throughout the dangerous dungeons and world maps, enemy factions, and even the gods themselves.
- Swords of Legends Online will be available for Windows PC via the official Gameforge client, Steam, and Epic Games Store with text language support in English, French, and German, and English voiceovers. The game is available for pre-purchase in three editions for $39.99 USD (€39.99), $59.99 USD (€59.99), and $99.99 USD (€99.99). Players who pre-purchase the game will receive a pre-order bonus which includes exclusive cosmetic in-game items, and access to the closed beta trials. Additionally, the pre-purchase will also provide access to character name reservation and character creation before the official launch.
- More exciting news will be coming soon! The official Swords of Legends Online website and Steam Coming Soon Page are now live with more information about the game and its content. Follow SOLO on Twitter and YouTube to stay up to date!
Source: Official Press Release
Look at the size of that sword!
And you get a wolf companion too!